Preparing the student for the road not the road for the student
This program is all about equipping students with the social and emotional skills for whatever life's road may look like.
It's been said, that we are spending more time preparing life's road for our students rather than preparing our students for the road of life. The problem with this approach is that no one really knows what the road ahead will look like anymore. As educators, parents, and caring adults we can only offer our best guest as to what the road to the future holds. With rapidly changing jobs and jobs skills, business structures, technologies, economic flux, the internet, and social media, who can possible predict what is next?
It's time to refocus our attention on preparing students for whatever the future may hold. It's time to equip our students with the social and emotional skills that will make them successful no matter what the road to the future may hold.
- Focus on teaching the positive result of being a person with grit and perseverance
- Resiliency Training
- Dealing with Loneliness - We are more connected than ever and yet fell more alone all the time
- Happiness is a byproduct of your attitude not the other way around
- The choices you make now have value in the future
- Discovering your personal expertise and strengths are key to success no matter what road you choose to travel